Saturday, April 30, 2011

Team Sports

A few years back Drew and I got asked from some friends to play in a co-ed softball team.  We took them up on the offer right then and there!  A good group of friends getting together every Sunday to play some good ole ball!  Me, being the worry wort that I am, we pretty nervous before our first game.  For a co-ed softball game, you ask?  Yes, for a co-ed softball game!  That's is how I am.  Anyways, the first season came and went and we just had the BEST time.  Some wins, some beers, some laughs - Sunday Funday!  What could get better than that?  There are the vets on the team who have been there for 5/6 years, there are others like Drew and I and there are new people joining this year!  It should be a good mix of people. 

A couple that we play ball with had asked us if we wanted to be on a bowling league.  OF COURSE!!!  We loved to bowl...were we any good?  Well, I will speak for myself and let's just say there is always room for improvement!  Again, just a group of friends (many of them from the same family) getting together on Friday nights to kick back and bowl.  I was sooo excited!   This meant I was finally able to get my very own bowling shoes and bowling ball!  What more could I ask for?  Hahaha!!  It was a long season - September to April (we just had our banquet last night) but fun, none the less.  No, we did not finish in1st place or 2nd or 3rd or 4th...we finished 10th out 11 teams.  I was able to snag the women's high score with 199!  Pretty exciting : )  We will definately be participating again last year, like it or not Matthew and Britt, you are stuck with us again! 

As one team sport ends, another begins.  Sunday will be our first ball game, which I am looking forward to.  I, unfortunately, will not be playing for a while, but it will still be fun getting out on Sunday afternoons!  I am looking forward to seeing everyone, having many good laughs, relaxing with a great group of friends and getting summer started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment