Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's for dinner?

I find great pleasure in looking for new recipes for dinner ideas whether it be in a cookbook, searching online, or watching the Food Network.  To me, cooking is such a stress reliever.  I try to step out of the box once in a while and switch it up but it is really easy to fall back on the "usual".  Pork, chicken, beef - I feel like there only a few items on our menu for these proteins.  Tonight was chicken night.  What can I do differently?  What won't take more than and hour to prepare (start to finish)?  Chicken Cordon Bleu!!  I searched the web for a couple minutes looking for a recipe that called for ingredients we already had and it had to show a picture.  I need to know what something is supposed to look like.  If, once prepared, it looks like the picture then it must taste like it should.  Right?  I have to stop thinking that way!!  Anyways, tonight was a success - dinner was done in 50 minutes (including prep time), it looked like the picture, AND it actually tasted really good!  Husband approved!

Another thing about dinner - ever since Drew and I have lived together we have, for the most part, had dinner together every night.  This is something really important to me.  I grew up with home-cooked meals and a sit down dinner every night.  As an adult I am able to appreciate the quality time that was spent between me, my brother, mom, and dad.  It is a "tradition" I want to keep up with.  This is only made possible with a husband who appreciates the time spent at the dinner table as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment