Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Do these really work?!?!

I have 2.5 weeks left until my "official" due date, but Drew and I are bound and determined to have this baby THIS weekend!  Why this weekend?  Well, Memorial Weekend Drew is working (of course he wouldn't if I were in labor) and the following weekend just seems too far away!  Nothing is really going on this weekend and it seems like a good idea. 

I have been reading on the web some tricks of the trade in order to induce labor naturally.  I have heard some of these work and I would like to be the one they worked on! 

SPICY FOOD
This is the first of my spicy food trick.  Jalapeno Jack SunChips with salsa.  Tonight Drew and I are going to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant and add a little more spice!  I have heard this really does work so we will see.





WALKING
I have read that walking helps to get labor going.  It helps draw the baby down into the pelvis due to swaying and gravity.  I have been feeling more contractions this last week so hopefully it will speed up the process.  And, if this doesn't do the trick at least I was outside enjoying the nice day.




BOUNCING ON AN EXERCISE BALL
I am really not sure where I heard this from but we have a ball and I thought I would give it a try!







SEX - I will not be providing a picture of this!  I first thought it was the act itself that helped with the labor process, but I was corrected by my doctor.  It is actually the sperm that does the trick.  Sperm contains a hormore that can help thin and dilate the cervix "ripening" it for delivery. 

There are some other ways to help induce labor like drinking caster oil and using evening primrose oil.  I have heard that there are too many complications that be associated with these last two tricks so I will be staying away from them. 

I know it is totally up to the baby and my body when to go into labor.  Needless to say I am very anxious and excited to have our baby.  Not knowing the exact day and time only adds to this excitement - let's hope it is sooner than later.  I pray labor and delivery is not complicated and that baby boy is born healthy.  Your prayers are welcome! 

Maybe my last pregnant picture!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment