Friday, January 6, 2012

...Right Now...

Just so you know, there will be no pictures accompanying this post...sitting on the couch and, honestly, too tired to get up.  It is Friday night and Ashton is sleeping, me and Drew relaxing on the couch.  Believe it or not, this is the first Friday I have worked since May 2011!  This week I have modified my work schedule (and until tax season is done); Monday and Thursday I am home with Ashton (but working from home), Tuesday and Friday my mom watches him, and Wednesday my G'ma and G'pa watch Ashton.  I am sooo thankful for family and their flexibility with their schedule and actually wanting to take the time out of their live to hang out with Ashton all day.  Actually, I would hardly call it hang out, I know it is hard work.  Keeping an almost 8 month old entertained and content for close to 9 hours is .... well, work! 

I know when I leave him he is in  trusting and caring hands and that makes me calm when I go to work and I can actually work.  I understand that there are many daycares out there that are wonderful and I really think that it might be good for Ashton to interact with kids his age; although he has a cousin who is only a week and a half older than him.  But, I could go on and on and on about this but here is what our sweet baby boy is up to right now:

*He LOVES his fruit and Oatmeal - veggies not so much except for sweet potatoes, squash, and green beans

*He is getting his first TWO teeth (lower bottom) - they have made their way through the gum and he really wasn't fussy...hopefully that will last!

*I believe DaDa will be his first words...he says it now, but I don't think he really knows what he is saying (Drew loves that DaDa will be his first word!)

*He pretty much sleeps through the night - he will have his last bottle, ideally, around 7:30 and sleep until about 5:30 or 6:30

*He still hasn't crawled but will swivel about the floor

*He enjoys bouncing up and down in his ExerSaucer - I will say "Bounce, bounce, bounce" and then he will!

*He loves buttons and will try and leap off of you to touch them

*When we go in or out of his bedroom he always has to turn the light off (with my assistance) - very cute!

*He LOVES hanging out with his cousins and can't wait to have another in April!

*He gives me kisses at least once a day (they consist of him grabbing my hair, pulling, and licking my face) but it is sooo worth it

Ashton is such a blessing and we absolutely love him so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment