Friday, September 2, 2011

August

I realize it has been quite some time since I have last posted anything on my blog.  The month of August seems to have come and gone!  I feel like we were really busy.  Here are some pictures to sum up the month.













We went on an overnight trip up to our friend's cabin in Centuria, WI.  I was a bit unsure about the idea at first because I didn't know how well Ashton would sleep and how our "routine" would hold up.  Drew said that we would never find out if we / Ashton could do it if we never tried.  I agreed to go and was really excited about it!  Drew thought I was being very adventurous...we all had a great time!  Ashton even got to dress up a little bit : )

Dustin, Maria, Soren and Maeta came home for a visit and it was sooo great to see all of them!  This was the first time Dustin got to meet Ashton.  We planned to have Ashton's baptism when they were home because we asked them to be his Godparents.  We are confident that they will help in teaching Ashton the Word of the Lord!  Ashton did pretty well, but he did not like it when the Priest anointed him with Holy Water.  He looked very handsome in this outfit. 

On the 29th Drew and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary.  I am so thankful to have such a loving, caring, supportive, and passionate husband.  He is my best friend and I can't wait to celebrate many more anniversaries together!!

Our little monkey is already 3 months old and he is becoming more and more aware of the world around him.  It is so fun to see him use his hands; whether it be for sticking in his mouth, holding some toys, or swinging at hanging objects.  We put him in the exersaucer for the first time a couple of weeks ago and he has a blast in there!  I think he likes being upright and using his feet!  He is such a blessing and we thank God for blessing us with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment