Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome...

Ashton John Williams
Our sweet little boy entered the world on May 29, 2011 at 7:42 AM.  He weighed in at 7 pounds 10 ounces and he was 20.25 inches long.  We had a happy and healthy baby!!

So I just recently heard that it is not too common for women's water to break naturally...mine did.  I went to bed around 9:30 on Saturday night and woke up around 11:30 - my water had broken in my sleep.  I calmly went into the bathroom and sat there for about 5 minutes, making sure it was my water and not something else!  Once I came to the realization that THIS WAS IT I went and woke up Drew.  Mind you he had to work Sunday at 5:00 AM!  I called the hospital, they told me to take a shower, and get there within the next couple of hours.  By the time we left the house I was having contractions.

By the time we got to the hospital, around 1:00 AM, my contractions had become quite intense.  I went into this thinking that I would try to do things naturally, but unfortunately that did not last very long.  I ended up getting an epidural around 3:00 AM and I was much more relaxed.  I went from being dilated at a 2 to a 10 within 4 hours.  My nurse had assisted me in a "practice" push and that really did the trick.  The baby was on his way!

My doctor did not actually arrive to my room until about 3 minutes before Ashton was born.  At one point the nurses had told me to stop pushing.  YEAH RIGHT!  There was no way that was happening!  Long story short, my doctor showed up for the final 5 pushes or so and Ashton was born at 7:42 AM on Sunday.  It was absolutely amazing!  He is perfect in every way!  Drew and I have so much love for our baby; it's unbelievable. 

Drew did a wonderful job supporting me during labor!!!  I couldn't have done it without him!  Here are some pics of our little bundle of joy:





More pictures to come later!

2 comments:

  1. Nikki- he is so precious I cant wait to meet him! Sounds like you had an amazing labor/delivery. I thought about going all natural too. HA! Arent epidurals AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a great birth story!!! We love you Ashton!

    ReplyDelete